29 januari 2013

What I do.

Someone's wondering what the h*ll I'm doing at work all day long? Hm, let me try explain:
I work with my laptop, a lot. I answer emails from people in Sweden (mostly) that are interested in coming here and volunteer. I look for accommodation for the people that are coming. I email a lot of backpackers to set a good price, look for houses/rooms around Cape Town. I spend a lot of time talking to Dina to make plans for different things. How to get more people to come here, how to take care of those who are actually coming. I'm updating the facebook site and the blog every day.
Some days I drive the volunteers to the projects and at the same time making a visit there to show that we are around and also check that it works like it should. I'm always looking for new projects, good projects. A lot of emails, googleing, meetings and phone calls for that.

This is basically what I do. But some days there are other things happening. We organize fundraisings, events with the projects, parties/braais for the volunteers, trips to Cape Point/Table Mountain/wine yards etc etc.

My job is actually really nice!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar