8 april 2013

The weekend in words.


Three hectic days. I woke up on friday a little tired. (too many glasses of wine while talking about stuff with Peter the night before. But it was worth it). Had to be at airport around 10.30 am. Yvonne (a swedish woman that lives in Cape Town that I met a few months ago) helped me to pick up the six swedish students that were coming. We went to the hostel in Obz and then I took them for lunch and informed them about stuff. 

After an hour at the office I was going home to take a nap. Had another airport pick up at 7 pm. BUT, the traffic was CRAZY and it took me two hours to drive home. That made me to get about 20 minutes to shower and change, then I had to leave again. Jamie went with me to the airport and the we picked up the 7th Swede, Therese. We took her and the other volunteers to a Braai at Jakes and Davids place. So, after this. No rest. I drove Peter to the airport at 2 am. He was going to Johannesburg to MC the Holi Colour Festival there (now called We are one colour festival). Funny thing; when we came to the airport I just told Peter (after reading at the board): Eeeeeeh, the first flight is at 5.45 am, just so you know. Haha, he could have slept some hours. Instead he had almost 4 hours to kill at the airport. I went home to sleep! :) 

At saturday me and Jamie went with the swedes to Old Biscuit Mill. I love that place. Well, if you love food you gotta love that place. And then we showed them town. At 9 pm i went to the airport again. The 2 last swedes arrived. After that we went to a houseparty at Amiras place. I was not planning on a night out but I ended up going home around 4.30 am... Sunday was VERY sleepy. In the evening the swedes invited me and Jamie for a braai. Very sweet. They are a fantastic group of people and I have a feeling it's gonna be 5 amazing weeks. In the eve I picked up Peter at the airport again. 5 times at airport in 3 days. New record! 

That was my weekend. I am tired now. But I love this. This is the part of my job that I have to remember when I have to be in the office a lot. I know there will be a lot of nice and inspiring days later!

And, when you find stuff like this you know that you actually do a good job:
"What seems most amazing is that we are treated so well here. Instead of leaving us to our hostel, or for ourselves, we are invited to a lot of nice places by Tania. I think that contributes a lot to why I feel so amazingly good here right now. Always feel welcome is a feeling I would get used to!"

This is from one of the volunteers blog. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar