29 januari 2014

Projects

I feel like I have only been writing about me and what's going on in my head the last weeks. Well, it's been some emotional weeks, so I guess it makes sense.

But here are some exciting things that's going on in my work life:

Photo project in Phumlani:
Today I will go with two of our swedish volunteers to the township Phumlani with a photographer/videographer team from Italy. They are gonna run a long term project with the youth of the community and other townships in South Africa. They will spend 3 years in South Africa for this. The whole thing is based on teaching the youth how to use a camera and then the photos are gonna be based on a child's perspective. So all the photos that is gonna be in the book they make will be taken by the youth. They are amazing, check them out HERE. I am very excited about this. I've been working with the kids in Phumlani the last six years and I love to see them grow, as individuals.

Canvas Art Project:
Catherine, a student from Sweden, is coming here in february to run an art project in a orphanage in Khayelitsha. It's to empower teen girls. More info will come later, but Catherine is very excited about this and with her enthusiasm I'm sure this will be really cool! Here is the BLOG she is gonna write during the project.

The 8th of february we are having another township day again. I am trying to have something at least once a month for the kids out there. (the same kids that are having the photo project)


Much Love.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar