8 maj 2015

Afrikaburn

Afrikaburn. A festival based in the middle of nowhere in the Karoo of Northern Cape.

The only things you will get for free are toilets. Anything else you have to bring. Food, water, tent, clothes, drinks, drugs ( if you using that stuff eeeerhm..) showers (for pussies!)..

 You can not buy anything on the spot, if you run out there is only one way; trading. I got short of cigarettes quick because I was very friendly the first night and gave a lot away. I had to come up with an idea so I had a lot of lollipops to trade and it worked :)

Afrikaburn has no payed artists, no real stages. Everything is basically just brought there and anyone can do anything. Lot's of the camps have different themes and you can book your own camp in beforehand and be part of the map. Amazing way to reach out to people with your music, art, comedy or anything else! All the wooden art work get burnt down in the dark evenings. People have planned for this for a year and the art you get to see is amazing!

 I didn't know what to expect before we went there. Southern Ambition brought about 125 students, mostly americans, but it was very smooth actually. They were all as excited as I was so we all just wanted things to get done quick so we could start to explore the area. And oh, there was so much to explore, I didn't even manage to see half of it I think, in 3 days. But I had such a lovely time and I will go back, for sure!

 I have no words to explain this, at least not in my lame english. It's just a beautiful place, with super nice people and lots of cool art in all ways. Check out the pictures!










Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar