23 september 2016

The best job in the world

I have said it before. But I DO have the best job in the world.
I had to say goodbye to the kids today. About 10 boys around 15-17 years old that I have been working with all summer. I have spent more time with them than with anyone else the last 3 months. They have become my family. We have laughed, cried, fought, screamed, played, talked and just learned from each other.

They came to Sweden from another side of the world. Over mountains, through snow, through fire and war, crossing open oceans. They have seen things that I will never even gonna be able to imagine. And still they are the most humble, sweet, nice and caring people. They are teenagers, so no, they are not always nice, polite, calm. No teenager is. BUT they have something that not every teenager has. They have a mission, a vision of survival. They had to leave family and friends behind. To survive. To not die. To not grow up oppressed and treated like animals. This gives them an aura and a strength that not everyone has or ever will have.

THANK YOU for letting me be a part of your life. To let me listen to you, to let me be a friend.

I love you and I will miss you every day. INSHALLAH, I see you in June and by then all of you have got an "yes" and can stay in Sweden. Nothing else can be fair. But I know, the world is not fair. And I really hate that fact. But I feel it in my heart, that our time together isn't over yet.

So, I see you in June!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar